Friday, November 14, 2008

Matilda 11/11/2001-11/14/2008 R.I.P.



You are missed.



4 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how the Normans love all of their babies.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What memories I have of Matilda. The wonder of the great puppy she was. The night none of us thought she would survive yet she showed us with that lifted head in the car that she was a strong girl. The thrill when she danced at my wedding (mini skirt and all).
The joy she brought to me was much more than I thought a little brown puppy could bring. She will be in a place where bacon grows on trees and there is always someone around to play with.
My best thoughts and wishes are with the Norman Family.
I love you kids.

Holly said...

I was so sad when I heard, and the slideshow brought on the tears. Jamie told me last night that she read it on the blog, and y'all have been in my thoughts all morning. I love the pictures, my favorites were the one with Daniel laying on the grass beside her and her looking out the window. Just remember, you will see her again. I love you (all of you, humans and animals).

Clare said...

Thanks for all of the kind thoughts and memories. :) It's been hard losing Matilda. I cry every time I watch Daniel's slide show. We were so excited to see her in barely over a week. Daniel was looking forward to hugging his puppy dog. He hadn't seen her since April, and that was only a brief visit.

He's happy that Jezebel got to meet Matilda. I told him about our visit in May. She was healthy and happy. I held Jezebel on Matilda's back, as if she were riding her. I know Daniel would have done the same thing. Matilda was so happy to meet Jezebel. She LOVED babies and kids. She seemed to get even more excited when I told her Jezebel was Daniel's baby. :) She almost broke her back trying to wag that tailless booty in the excitement of our visit.

I'll miss that puppy dog, but I know she's in a better place now. I like the idea of her being in a place where bacon grows on trees. :) Thanks Rocky.

We love all of you too. :)