Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh yeah...

my baby is weaned! It took about a month of distractions when she really wanted the beeb and substituting cow milk, but it finally worked. :) She doesn't even freak out when she sees me without a shirt anymore. In the past, she would get all frantic and NEED the beeb immediately. She saw me before my shower yesterday and just pointed at them, said "beeb" and "bebe" a couple of times, and gave them a hug. :) Then she went back to playing, no big deal. Yay for being weaned!

So, 2009 is the year I'm reclaiming my body. For the past 2 years I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding. This year, I'm neither, so I'm making it my goal to work out more, lose these last 10 or so lbs, and be healthier so I can keep up with my little munchkin. :)

Hey, guess what...I'm going to the gym now. Seriously. :)

3 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Yippee for the gym and for weaning!

Holly said...

Eeeewww, I'm jealous! I wish that my baby was weaned, but I'll tell you what, I did just order myself two Jazzercise dvds. I'm gonna try and lose a few pounds - ok, really ten or fifteen lbs too :)

I'm working on Eli. Last week I breastfed him 4 times. This week I tried to cut it down to 3, but we aren't doing so well. I'm not stressing out yet, we'll get it eventually. Sure is nice to be finished though, and have them back to yourself. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Erika said...

Yeah, I wish I could've made it the full first year....just wasn't in the cards for me with work and all. Even after three months though it was nice to have my body back to myself, so I can only imagine what it must feel like for you.