Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just curious...

Has anyone actually kept their kiddo's baby book up to date? Does anyone complete their kid's book? I know my book, as well as my siblings' baby books are not finished. I think they all stopped after a few years. My sister has the most complete, then mine, and I think my poor brother has the least in his. I know it is because with 3 kids, life rarely gives you time to update the books. I only have 1 kid and I find it difficult to keep up. I was working on it earlier today and realized how far behind I am. I haven't gotten around to printing needed photos. There are many pages that I still need to fill in. I can't imagine being able to keep up with more than one book. It seems near impossible. Do normal mommas keep up with the books? Or do I have to be super scrapbooking momma with an insatiable love for having the books up to date at any given moment? While searching for baby books, I found the ones that go up to 18 years, and then the ones that are lifelong books that get passed to the kid, and they finish completing it with their kid's info and such. That's pretty freaking hardcore. I settled on a 5 year book. I just hope I can finish it....and finish my next kid's book as well.

That's all....just curious.

3 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

I've got five-year books for my two girlses. Allison's book is ok, I'm mostly behind on pictures. I'm not doing as good at Sara's as I did with Allison's but it's not terrible. There wasn't much stuff in my baby book so I feel pretty good about the work I've done so far, not matter how incomplete.

Erika said...

Yeah, I always told myself that when I had children I would keep their books up to date, but that of course has proven to be more difficult than one might think. I always say I'm gonna write something down and make a mental note of when it happened, but lately I've been getting worse about actually getting around to writing it down before I forget.

Jessica said...

Brennan has a three year book (awesome!), Jack's is maybe five, and Ethan's is 8 (it's from the LDS bookstore so it goes to baptism.)
Oh, and mine are up to date, but I totally lied about some dates. All I really fill in is firsts, weights, and like the first ten teeth. Then I lose interest.
Also, mine are up to date b/c one day I was super bored and the books were sitting by the couch, waiting for me.
I also jot down stuff in my calendar b/c I look at that all the time and I have it with me at the doctor's office. Then, if I want to know true facts, I just look in there. Until I throw it away...